Quotes by Norman Vincent Peale
- Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all.
- Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure. The way you think about a fact may defeat you before you ever do anything about it. You are overcome by the fact because you think you are.
- Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
- Change your thoughts and you change your world.
- Change yourself and your work will seem different.
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
- Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop the picture... Do not build up obstacles in your imagination.
- Four things for success: work and pray, think and believe.
- Imagination is the true magic carpet.
- It is of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship.
- It's always too early to quit.
- One of the greatest moments in anybody's developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide from himself but determines to get acquainted with himself as he really is.
- Part of the happiness of life consists not in fighting battles, but in avoiding them. A masterly retreat is in itself a victory.
- Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have.
- The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.
- When every physical and mental resources is focused, one's power to solve a problem multiplies tremendously.
- When you pray for anyone you tend to modify your personal attitude toward him.