Quotes by Patti Labelle
- All I can tell you really is if you get to the point where someone is telling you that you are not great or not good enough, just follow your heart and don't let anybody crush your dream.
- I just sing the stuff that makes me smile, makes me feel like I didn't sell myself out.
- I never wanted to go on stage alone because if you mess up, who can you blame?
- I truly respect the people who are working. If they want an autograph from Patti LaBelle, they are going to get it. I have never separated myself from them. I never think you are better than the next one.
- I'm so grounded, it's sad.
- People with no humor, they're outta my life.
- So if diva means giving your best, then yes, I guess I am a diva.
- When I look into the crowd, I see young and old, black and white - it's amazing that I'm able to connect with so many different kinds of people.
- Whenever I go out, so many people who respect me ask me what to do in a certain situation. A lot of times, I didn't know the answers because sometimes I was going through the same sort of thing. But then later on, I would think of things that people told me.