Quotes by Paul Klee
- Art does not reproduce what we see rather, it makes us see.
- Beauty is as relative as light and dark. Thus, there exists no beautiful woman, none at all, because you are never certain that a still far more beautiful woman will not appear and completely shame the supposed beauty of the first.
- Children also have artistic ability, and there is wisdom in there having it! The more helpless they are, the more instructive are the examples they furnish us and they must be preserved free of corruption from an early age.
- The art of mastering life is the prerequisite for all further forms of expression, whether they are paintings, sculptures, tragedies, or musical compositions.
- The worst state of affairs is when science begins to concern itself with art.
- To emphasize only the beautiful seems to me to be like a mathematical system that only concerns itself with positive numbers.