Quotes by Robert Casey
- Abortion is defended today as a means of ensuring the equality and independence of women, and as a solution to the problems of single parenting, child abuse, and the feminization of poverty.
- However, we might oppose it, abortion is a sad feature of modern life.
- Legal abortion will never rest easy on this nation's conscience.
- Our moral, religious, and political traditions are united in their respect for the dignity of human life.
- The abortion license has not brought freedom and security to women. Rather, it has ushered in a new era of irresponsibility toward women and children, one that now begins before birth.
- The advocates of abortion on demand falsely assume two things: that women must suffer if the lives of unborn children are legally protected and that women can only attain equality by having the legal option of destroying their innocent offspring in the womb.
- Tolerance is the price we pay for living in a free, pluralistic society.
- Whose rights will we acknowledge? Whose human dignity will we respect? For whose well-being will we, as a people, assume responsibility?