Quotes by Robert Smith
- Artists themselves are not confined, but their output is.
- I don't find the technology threatening. A lot of people my age, my generation, find it difficult to immerse themselves. But I would never preclude the idea of using any technology if I thought it suited the end result.
- I don't think of death in a romantic way anymore.
- I had no desire to be famous I just wanted to make the greatest music ever made. I didn't want anyone to know who I was.
- I really enjoy what I do, and who I'm with and where I am. Having said that, I'm not really a person of habit, because what I do in my job is travel around the world and play concerts to people, and occasionally do very weird things.
- I've always spent more time with a smile on my face than not, but the thing is, I don't write about it.
- Instead of causing us to remember the past like the old monuments, the new monuments seem to cause us to forget the future.
- Painting, sculpture and architecture are finished, but the art habit continues.
- There's no hope of me becoming completely relaxed on stage. If I did, I'd sit down and doze off.
- When a finished work of 20th century sculpture is placed in an 18th century garden, it is absorbed by the ideal representation of the past, thus reinforcing political and social values that are no longer with us.