Quotes by Saint Francis De Sales
- A quarrel between friends, when made up, adds a new tie to friendship.
- Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections.
- Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself.
- Make friends with the angels, who though invisible are always with you. Often invoke them, constantly praise them, and make good use of their help and assistance in all your temporal and spiritual affairs.
- Never be in a hurry do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.
- Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
- There was never an angry man that thought his anger unjust.
- Those who love to be feared fear to be loved.
- When you encounter difficulties and contradictions, do not try to break them, but bend them with gentleness and time.