Quotes by Sammy Davis Jr
- Alcohol gives you infinite patience for stupidity.
- Being a star has made it possible for me to get insulted in places where the average Negro could never hope to go and get insulted.
- I had more clothes than I had closets, more cars than garage space, but no money.
- I hadn't been in Vegas 20 minutes when I got word that the bookmakers were offering three to one that Frank wouldn't show for my wedding.
- I was so opposed to the war in Vietnam that I initially refused President Nixon's urgings for me to go there.
- I wasn't anything special as a father. But I loved them and they knew it.
- My home has always been show business.
- Part of show business is magic. You don't know how it happens.
- Real success is not on the stage, but off the stage as a human being, and how you get along with your fellow man.
- The manic pursuit of success cost me everything I could love: my wife, my three children, some friends I would have liked to grow old with.
- The success of the Rat Pack or the Clan was due to the camaraderie, the three guys who work together and kid each other and love each other.
- There are certain romances that belong in certain cities, in a certain atmosphere, in a certain time.
- Though I love the luxury of the Waldorf Towers, room service there doesn't do soul food.
- To appear on the stage drunk, to have them leave there and remember me making drunken mistakes, that was death.
- What have I got? No looks, no money, no education. Just talent.
- You always have two choices: your commitment versus your fear.
- You can be in this business 50 years and still not know anything about it.