Quotes by Sean Durkin
- I remember being at school during morning meeting and looking around at everybody, 350 kids, saying a prayer. We're all very young and no one knows what it means, and I remember feeling strange that people were just repeating words that they didn't understand. I refused to participate. For some reason I always rejected it, but respectfully.
- I would like to do a sports movie.
- In editing, it's amazing how you choose the in and out points. What you cut on is everything for creating tension. It's amazing how expanding a shot by five seconds can just ruin the tension.
- Sports teams, people who follow sports teams, religion, churches, work - any company, I find that people just generally have a need to belong to something larger than themselves.
- Well, first of all, making films is a collaborative process. You need people. You need people you trust and love and who are your friends. People you can work with.
- What I learned from directing, I learned from soccer, where it's like a coach-player relationship.