Quotes by Shigeru Miyamoto
- Games have grown and developed from this limited in-the-box experience to something that's everywhere now. Interactive content is all around us, networked, ready. This is something I've been hoping for throughout my career.
- I don't really think of things in terms of legacy or where I stand in the history of Nintendo or anything like that.
- I don't think as a creator that I could create an experience that truly feels interactive if you don't have something to hold in your hand, if you don't have something like force feedback that you can feel from the controller.
- I don't want to criticize any other designers, but I have to say that many of the people involved in this industry - directors and producers - are trying to make their games more like movies. They are longing to make movies rather than making videogames.
- I never really participated in specific sports or anything, but once I hit 40, I started to get a little bit more active and began swimming more.
- I think I can make an entirely new game experience, and if I can't do it, some other game designer will.
- I think that the entertainment industry itself has a history of chasing success. Any time a hit product comes out, all the other companies start chasing after that success and trying to recreate it by putting out similar products.
- I think what's really the most ideal thing is for the player themselves, within their own imagination, to carve out what they view as being the essence of the character.
- It would be a joy for me if someone who was working with me became a big success.
- Japan actually is an aging population, and so as the population has aged, they have had a lot more problems with health.
- Japanese people have a funny habit of abbreviating names.
- There's definitely space for uniqueness in a home console.
- Up until now, the biggest question in society about video games has been what to do about violent games. But it's almost like society in general considers video games to be something of a nuisance, that they want to toss into the garbage can.