Quotes by Trey Anastasio
- Anyone who writes knows that ultimately the majority of your time is spent alone in a room with a piano or a guitar, no matter what the project is.
- Equality implies individuality.
- I've always loved the experience of working together with other people toward an artistic goal.
- I've been sober for two-and-a-half years, My children are happy. In August, my wife and I will celebrate our fifteenth wedding anniversary. My band is back together with a sold-out tour.
- It was amazing and inspiring to see so many people come together through music to aid the great state of Vermont.
- Music has always been my protection against the world, from a very young age. I feel safe inside of a jam.
- My life had become a catastrophe. I had no idea how to turn it around. My band had broken up. I had almost lost my family. My whole life had devolved into a disaster. I believe that the police officer who stopped me at three a.m. that morning saved my life.
- The band feels loose in all the right ways, and it's just so cool looking out and seeing all of these people that I haven't seen in a while.
- Things have gone beyond my wildest expectations and dreams, and I feel like I've been given so many blessings in my life, between my friendship with the guys in the band, our wonderful audience, being able to play this music, and then my family.
- When I was growing up in New Jersey, my mom would regularly take my sister and I into the city to see shows. I have many fond memories of standing in the half-price ticket line in Times Square and going to matinees.