Quotes by Yitzhak Rabin
- A diplomatic peace is not yet the real peace. It is an essential step in the peace process leading towards a real peace.
- Give peace a chance.
- I believe however that peace is attainable regardless of the Arabs mentality, society or government.
- I believe that it is my responsibility as the prime minister of Israel to do whatever can be done to exploit the unique opportunities that lie ahead of us to move towards peace. Not everything can be done by one act.
- I enter negotiations with Chairman Arafat, the leader of the PLO, the representative of the Palestinian people, with the purpose to have coexistence between our two entities, Israel as a Jewish state and Palestinian state, entity, next to us, living in peace.
- Israel is no longer a people that dwells alone, and has to join the global journey toward peace, reconciliation and international cooperation.
- No Arab ruler will consider the peace process seriously so long as he is able to toy with the idea of achieving more by the way of violence.
- Only the change on the international scene, the crisis in the gulf, and the strong, firm position of the United States against aggression between two Arab countries created realities that led to the Madrid Peace Conference.
- The struggle to get weapons is continuous, but the United States will aid us, if it finds Israel displaying a willingness for peace.
- We do not celebrate the death of our enemies.
- We must think differently, look at things in a different way. Peace requires a world of new concepts, new definitions.
- You don't make peace with friends. You make it with very unsavory enemies.