17:22 28 May 2013
Publicist Max Clifford has pleaded not guilty to 11 charges against him, which relate to indecent assault. The news comes following Mr. Clifford’s appearance at Westminster Magistrates Court, London, on Tuesday morning, 28th May, 2013.
The charges relate to incidents that allegedly took place between the mid-1960s and mid-1980s.
Reportedly Mr. Clifford, who is 70 years old, has said the accusations are ‘without foundation’.
Out of court he said: “I’m totally innocent of these allegations and the nightmare continues. All I know is up until the ‘Jimmy Savile’ situation no one ever said anything about me at all.”
The PR consultant attended court after being arrested last year. He is expected to appear at Southwark Crown Court in June.
His arrest was made in connection to Operation Yewtree. It is understood that Mr. Clifford belongs to the third aspect of this investigation.
Operation Yewtree has three elements to it; with the first looking at Jimmy Savile, the second looking at allegations surrounding Savile and others and the third investigating claims that are not linked to enquiries surrounding Savile, but that have come to light due to Savile being in the media spotlight.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook