Prawn & Chickpea Balti
06:47 20 February 2011
An impressive tasty curry, which takes less time than you would expect to make from scratch.
20 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
See “u.can cook” for more recipes devised with James Martin
300g raw tiger prawns
400g can chopped tomatoes
195g can sweetcorn, drained
100g can chickpeas, drained
1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
1 large onion, diced
3 Tbsp Balti curry paste
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Naan bread to serve
1. Heat the oil in a wok or deep sided frying pan. Add onion and pepper and stir-fry together for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in curry paste and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
3. Reduce heat, add tomatoes and chickpeas, stir-fry together for 2 minutes.
4. Add prawns and sweetcorn and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until all the prawns have turned pink.
5. Stir in coriander and serve with warm naan bread.
You can find sustainable seafood at the supermarket.
Hints and Tips: Replace chickpeas with lentils.
Sat Fat: 0.7g
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.