Avoid VOIP Fraud
VoIP fraud refers to any unauthorised use of paid communication services that costs a business a fortune.
09:23 13 June 2017
When it comes to VoIP fraud, an organisation can be affected through toll fraud, traffic pumping or PBX hacking, among others. Below are tips on how these can be easily prevented:
· Use strong passwords – The best way to safeguard your VoIP system against hackers is by using a strong password, which can be a combination of capital and lowercase letters, special characters and numbers. Never rotate through passwords and change any default passwords as soon as possible.
· Use firewall – Firewalls or session boarder controllers can detect and block specific IP addresses outside of your network.
· Secure your PBX – Block outside connections and ensure that only trusted users have access to your PBX.
· Take advantage of fraud detection service – This type of service notifies you of fraud incidents allowing you to take necessary steps to secure your VoIP system.
· Always update your software or firmware – Many PBX manufacturers issue updates to address vulnerabilities. Stay up-to-date with the latest versions of software or firmware to minimise fraud risk.