Quotes by Alicia Keys
- I lived with my mom in a really small apartment. My bedroom was like in the living room. That's why I still love to sleep on couches now.
- I love Bono. I really respect what he has done for Africa and how he has used his fame to do good in the world. I hope I can do half as much in my life.
- I've stepped more into my womanhood, I'm a mother now, I'm having a beautiful relationship as a wife and as a friend.
- If I want to be alone, some place I can write, I can read, I can pray, I can cry, I can do whatever I want - I go to the bathroom.
- My mom always said, 'Don't date a guy who thinks he's prettier than you.'
- My mom is definitely my rock.
- Soul music is timeless.
- When I was first learning songs, I'd have a favorite song, and I'd take the chords and twist them around. I'd learn the chords and then play them backward. That was my first experimenting with writing a song.