Quotes by Amber Heard
- I buy records - vinyl. I have a record player at home.
- I can sit in front of the TV and watch an old romantic film and be transfixed.
- I don't know if I've owned a piece of technology that I hated - I don't think I would have owned it then.
- I grew up in Texas, and people love their American-made muscle cars there. I grew up around people who loved cars and took care of cars and my dad's a big car nut, so I learned a little bit about cars - how to love them, most importantly. I think that from the time I could remember, I've always envisioned myself in a vintage muscle car.
- I think I've always had a certain amount of skepticism of this whole 'shut up and smile' theory. I haven't ever swallowed that pill so easily, although I tried.
- I think there's an instinct to make grotesque horror films that are purely carnal, like the 'Saw' movies.
- I'm thankful for the work that feminists like Gloria Steinem have done. I am a feminist, but the geography for women today is vastly different than it was in the '60s.
- My very best friend died in a car accident when I was 16 years old. That was the hardest blow emotionally that I have ever had to endure. Suddenly, you realize tomorrow might not come. Now I live by the motto, 'Today is what I have.'
- One of the biggest challenges in my job is letting go of the movie once you go home at night, and knowing you can't do anything to your performance once you've laid it on film.
- When I go into making a movie, personally, I don't try to bring other pieces of movies with me.
- You can't respect yourself if you're afraid to be who you are.
- You feel better when you're eating food that retains nutritional value.
- Young women from a very young age are taught that life will be easier if you can just turn on the charming smile and say very little and be complacent and docile and sweet.