Quotes by Amelia Earhart
- Better do a good deed near at home than go far away to burn incense.
- Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace.
- Please know that I am aware of the hazards. I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be a challenge to others.
- The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one's appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship.
- The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life and the procedure , the process is its own reward.
- The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
- There is so much that must be done in a civilized barbarism like war.
- Women must pay for everything. They do get more glory than men for comparable feats, but, they also get more notoriety when they crash.
- Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail their failure must be but a challenge to others.
- Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.