Quotes by Auguste Rodin
- Art is contemplation. It is the pleasure of the mind which searches into nature and which there divines the spirit of which nature herself is animated.
- I choose a block of marble and chop off whatever I don't need.
- Man's naked form belongs to no particular moment in history it is eternal, and can be looked upon with joy by the people of all ages.
- Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.
- The artist is the confidant of nature, flowers carry on dialogues with him through the graceful bending of their stems and the harmoniously tinted nuances of their blossoms. Every flower has a cordial word which nature directs towards him.
- The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire and before art is born, the artist must be ready to be consumed by the fire of his own creation.
- There are unknown forces in nature when we give ourselves wholly to her, without reserve, she lends them to us she shows us these forms, which our watching eyes do not see, which our intelligence does not understand or suspect.
- To any artist, worthy of the name, all in nature is beautiful, because his eyes, fearlessly accepting all exterior truth, read there, as in an open book, all the inner truth.
- To the artist there is never anything ugly in nature.