Quotes by Barry Goldwater
- American business has just forgotten the importance of selling.
- Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
- Hubert Humphrey talks so fast that listening to him is like trying to read Playboy magazine with your wife turning the pages.
- I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle.
- I think any man in business would be foolish to fool around with his secretary. If it's somebody else's secretary, fine.
- I think every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass.
- I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
- I wouldn't trust Nixon from here to that phone.
- If everybody in this town connected with politics had to leave town because of chasing women and drinking, you would have no government.
- It's a great country, where anybody can grow up to be president... except me.
- Nixon was the most dishonest individual I have ever met in my life. He lied to his wife, his family, his friends, his colleagues in the Congress, lifetime members of his own political party, the American people and the world.
- The income tax created more criminals than any other single act of government.
- Where is the politician who has not promised to fight to the death for lower taxes- and who has not proceeded to vote for the very spending projects that make tax cuts impossible?