Quotes by Carlos Santana
- First of all, the music that people call Latin or Spanish is really African. So Black people need to get the credit for that.
- I realised a long time ago that instrumental music speaks a lot more clearly than English, Spanish, Yiddish, Swahili, any other language. Pure melody goes outside time.
- I realized that it's all really one, that John Lennon was correct. We utilize the music to bring down the walls of Berlin, to bring up the force of compassion and forgiveness and kindness between Palestines, Hebrews. Bring down the walls here in San Diego, Tijuana, Cuba.
- If our history can challenge the next wave of musicians to keep moving and changing, to keep spiritually hungry and horny, that's what it's all about.
- Most people are prisoners, thinking only about the future or living in the past. They are not in the present, and the present is where everything begins.
- My dad's a beautiful man, but like a lot of Mexican men, or men in general, a lot of men have a problem with the balance of masculinity and femininity - intuition and compassion and tenderness - and get overboard with the macho thing. It took him a while to become more, I would say, conscious, evolved.
- My job in this life is to give people spiritual ecstasy through music. In my concerts people cry, laugh, dance. If they climaxed spiritually, I did my job. I did it decently and honestly.
- The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace.
- The music of Hendrix wakes people up to their possibilities. It's more than just dreaming about being a guitar hero.