Quotes by Charles Kennedy
- Courage is a peculiar kind of fear.
- Further Education should be about the ability to learn, not the ability to pay - everyone who is able should have the opportunity, regardless of their family background. I don't want to see students struggling with huge debts or frightened off even going to university in the first place.
- I am genuinely not an over-the-top kind of person about politics or anything else.
- I believe that access to a university education should be based on the ability to learn, not what people can afford. I think there is no more nauseating a sight than politicians pulling up the ladder of opportunity behind them.
- I should do something about the cigarettes I quite accept that it's bad for your health, but you know a moderate tipple is positively beneficial and, at certain times, absolutely essential.
- I want to see far more decisions taken far closer to the patients, the passengers and the pupils. Far more power for locally and regionally elected politicians who understand best the needs of their areas. And far more say too for the dedicated staff at all levels in health and education.
- Immigrants provide skills that we simply cannot afford to do without. They have contributed hugely to Britain's success.
- Music and politics are in essence about communication. Without over-stretching the analogy I do feel a sense of rhythm is important in getting your message across.
- My health is good and it's up to me to keep it that way.
- Politics is much too serious to be taken too seriously equally, there are many aspects of it so laughable as to be lamentable.
- The one thing we can all be sure about in politics is you are as well to expect the unexpected.
- Three simple words - freedom, justice and honesty. These sum up what the Liberal Democrats stand for.
- Yes, you need substance in politics - but I think your style also says something about how you arrive at some of your conclusions.