Quotes by Christiane Amanpour
- And one thing that I always believed and that I knew for certain was that I could never have sustained a personal relationship while I worked this hard, or while I was that driven this intensely by the story.
- Here in the United States, our profession is much maligned, people simply don't trust or like journalists anymore and that's sad.
- I leave CNN with the utmost respect, love and admiration for the company and everyone who works here. This has been my family and shared endeavor for the past 27 years, and I am forever grateful and proud of all that we have accomplished.
- I'm not an American but I have always had the outsiders' respect for the American people and the American way.
- If we have no respect for our viewers, then how can we have any respect for ourselves and what we do?
- In emerging democracies like Russia, in authoritarian states like Iran or even Yugoslavia, journalists play a vital role in civil society. In fact, they form the very basis of those new democracies and civil societies.
- Our industry has invested so much money in technology that perhaps it's time to invest in talent, in people.
- We in the press, by our power, can actually undermine leadership.
- We manage the fear, I manage the fear, but it certainly takes its toll, the strain does.