Quotes by Debra Winger
- A good marriage is different to a happy marriage.
- I always loved working as an actress, but I didn't understand why I couldn't just opt out of being famous. And then I realized you can, and I think I did. And eventually, I came to understand that you can do that and also keep working.
- I had a very insightful friend who warned me back when I stopped reading scripts, 'It's easier to change directions while you're still moving.' If you stop, it's harder to get started again. I still don't think I made the wrong decision, but he was right.
- I happen to be interested in watching a face age. I like faces of women aging so it makes me personally quite sad. That's a beautiful gift from God. If people don't want to see that anymore then I won't be in anymore movies.
- I hope to find the roles that are age appropriate but not yearning to be younger, or parenting ad nauseam.
- I need my family to remind me in a loving and nice way to lighten up.
- I was never afraid of failure after that because, I think, coming that close to death you get kissed. With the years, the actual experience of course fades, but the flavor of it doesn't. I just had a real sense of what choice do I have but to live fully?
- If I could have one prayer answered, I would pray for patience. I move so fast sometimes. I try to slow down.
- It's such an amazing thing to be loved for who you are.
- Never say never, but the thought of electively cutting oneself is beyond my grasp, and I also object to it politically. Denying the lines on our faces makes a comment about age and wisdom I don't care to make.
- People pay to see movies with women looking beautiful, but I think there will be a place for me to play women looking my own age.
- There's a small club of women who are willing to age.
- When I was younger I probably didn't understand something basic about tact, but I think it kept faint-hearted people at arm's distance and that's not such a bad thing, because life is short and I know the kind of people I want to work with.