Quotes by Donald Cargill
- And now, this is the sweetest and most glorious day that ever my eyes did see.
- Fear not and the God of mercies grant a full gale and a fair entry into His kingdom, which may carry sweetly and swiftly over the bar, that you find not the rub of death.
- I come now to tell you for what I am brought here to die, and to give you an account of my faith, which I shall do as in the sight of the living God before whom I am shortly to stand.
- I have followed holiness, I have taught truth, and I have been most in the main things not that I thought the things concerning our times little, but that I thought none could do anything to purpose in God's great and public matters, till they were right in their conditions.
- I wish there were more true conversion, and then there would not be so much backsliding, and, for fear of suffering, living at ease, when there are so few to contend for Christ and His cause.
- I wish your increase in holiness, number, love, religion, and righteousness and wait you, and cease to contend with these men that are gone from us, for there is nothing that shall convince them but judgment.
- It is long since I could have adventured on eternity, through God's mercy and Christ's merits but death remained somewhat terrible, and that now is taken away and now death is no more to me, but to cast myself into my husband's arms, and to lie down with Him.
- Now for my own case, I bless the Lord that, for all that hath been said of me, my conscience doth not condemn me. I do not say I am free of sin, but I am at peace with God through a slain Mediator and I believe that there is no salvation but only in Christ.