Quotes by Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 'Tis easy enough to be pleasant, When life flows along like a song But the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong.
- All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon the sand.
- Always continue the climb. It is possible for you to do whatever you choose, if you first get to know who you are and are willing to work with a power that is greater than ourselves to do it.
- And the smile that is worth the praises of earth is the smile that shines through tears.
- For an actress to be a success, she must have the face of Venus, the brains of a Minerva, the grace of Terpsichore, the memory of a Macaulay, the figure of Juno, and the hide of a rhinoceros.
- It has ever been since time began, and ever will be, till time lose breath, that love is a mood - no more - to man, and love to a woman is life or death.
- So many gods, so many creeds, so many paths that wind and wind while just the art of being kind is all the sad world needs.
- The man who radiates good cheer, who makes life happier wherever he meets it, is always a man of vision and faith.
- The splendid discontent of God With chaos made the world. And from the discontent of man The worlds best progress springs.
- The truest greatness lies in being kind, the truest wisdom in a happy mind.
- When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
- With care, and skill, and cunning art, She parried Time's malicious dart, And kept the years at bay, Till passion entered in her heart and aged her in a day!
- You may choose your words like a connoisseur, And polish it up with art, But the word that sways, and stirs, and stays, Is the word that comes from the heart.