Quotes by Emil Zatopek
- A runner must run with dreams in his heart, not money in his pocket.
- An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head.
- Great is the victory, but the friendship of all is greater.
- If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years, then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter. I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to.
- If you want to run, run a mile. If you want to experience a different life, run a marathon.
- It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys.
- The athlete of today is not an athlete alone. He's the center of a team - doctors, scientists, coaches, agents and so on.
- We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon.