Quotes by George Strait
- Country music is important to me, and I love it, but it's not my whole life.
- I don't mind traveling that much when I can go somewhere and stay there for a while, but touring is different. You rarely see anything. You get there early in the morning and you're resting all day, and you go in and do a sound check, and you do the show, and then bam you're gone.
- I love the song 'El Rey.' And for years, I never knew what the song was totally about. It was something new for me. I'd never sung a song in Spanish before. Then I got the translation and saw what a really cool song it was.
- I loved making Pure Country. It was a great learning experience for me, seeing another part of the entertainment industry.
- I used to do a lot of interviews in the early '80s, when my career started, but it came to a point when I decided I didn't want to talk anymore, and people kind of understood that and left me alone.
- Of all the songs I've recorded, 'Amarillo By Morning' always sticks out in my mind.