Quotes by Guru Nanak
- Alone let him constantly meditate in solitude on that which is salutary for his soul, for he who meditates in solitude attains supreme bliss.
- Death would not be called bad, O people, if one knew how to truly die.
- Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God.
- God is one, but he has innumerable forms. He is the creator of all and He himself takes the human form.
- I am not the born how can there be either birth or death for me?
- Offspring, the due performance on religious rites, faithful service, highest conjugal happiness and heavenly bliss for the ancestors and oneself, depend on one's wife alone.
- The production of children, the nurture of those born, and the daily life of men, of these matters woman is visibly the cause.