Quotes by Henry Fielding
- A good face they say, is a letter of recommendation. O Nature, Nature, why art thou so dishonest, as ever to send men with these false recommendations into the World!
- Fashion is the science of appearance, and it inspires one with the desire to seem rather than to be.
- If you make money your god, it will plague you like the devil.
- It is not death, but dying, which is terrible.
- LOVE: A word properly applied to our delight in particular kinds of food sometimes metaphorically spoken of the favorite objects of all our appetites.
- Scarcely one person in a thousand is capable of tasting the happiness of others.
- When widows exclaim loudly against second marriages, I would always lay a wager than the man, If not the wedding day, is absolutely fixed on.