Quotes by Hilaire Belloc
- All men have an instinct for conflict: at least, all healthy men.
- I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.
- I'm tired of love I'm still more tired of rhyme but money gives me pleasure all the time.
- Is there no Latin word for Tea? Upon my soul, if I had known that I would have let the vulgar stuff alone.
- Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun.
- We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.
- When friendship disappears then there is a space left open to that awful loneliness of the outside world which is like the cold space between the planets. It is an air in which men perish utterly.
- When I am dead, I hope it may be said: His sins were scarlet, but his books were read.