Quotes by Imran Khan
- A country that relies on aid? Death is better than that. It stops you from achieving your potential, just as colonialism did.
- But I don't need to use politics as a way of making money.
- Cross-cultural marriage is difficult, especially when one person has to live in another country. But I thought there was a very good chance of it working because people grow together if they have a common passion.
- I believed in myself. I never imagined myself as just an ordinary player.
- I feel an independent accountability commission should audit all government services.
- If one area I felt it was a tough election was I couldn't see my young son and I couldn't see my wife a lot, but apart from that for her also it was an experience.
- If your house is burning, wouldn't you try and put out the fire?
- In fact the experience at Oxford has really helped me later in life.
- In Pakistan politics is hereditary.
- Pakistan needs to have decentralisation and a good local government system.
- People didn't wasn't the People's party to come in to power again, so they saw NS a viable alternative not us, because everyone knew we were not ready.
- Spirituality does two things for you. One, you are forced to become more selfless, two, you trust to providence. The opposite of a spiritual man is a materialist. If I was a materialist I would be making lots of money doing endorsements, doing cricket commentary. I have no interest in that.
- The future of Indo-Pak cricket will depend on how the peace process goes.
- The war on terror is the most insane and immoral war of all time. The Americans are doing what they did in Vietnam, bombing villages. But how can a civilised nation do this? How can you can eliminate suspects, their wives, their children, their families, their neighbours? How can you justify this?
- There can only be democracy when money is not allowed to be spent in Politics.
- They do not understand Islam, and I think that is one area where perhaps I hope one day I will play a role in actually making people understand what we perceive Islam to be.
- When I came into politics I always thought there was a possibility I would be killed.
- You don't kill your way to peace.