Quotes by Jawaharlal Nehru
- A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new when an age ends and when the soul of a nation long suppressed finds utterance.
- Failure comes only when we forget our ideals and objectives and principles.
- I have become a queer mixture of the East and the West, out of place everywhere, at home nowhere.
- Ignorance is always afraid of change.
- Let us be a little humble let us think that the truth may not perhaps be entirely with us.
- Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people.
- The forces in a capitalist society, if left unchecked, tend to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.
- The man who has gotten everything he wants is all in favor of peace and order.
- The purely agitational attitude is not good enough for a detailed consideration of a subject.
- There is perhaps nothing so bad and so dangerous in life as fear.
- Time is not measured by the passing of years but by what one does, what one feels, and what one achieves.
- We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.
- Without peace, all other dreams vanish and are reduced to ashes.
- You don't change the course of history by turning the faces of portraits to the wall.