Quotes by John Malkovich
- A dog that has rabies probably will do things it wouldn't do if it didn't have rabies. But that doesn't change the fact that it has rabies.
- Failure's a natural part of life.
- I don't have a saviour or a royal family.
- I don't understand how somebody wouldn't have a sense of humor about themselves.
- I like design, I like details, to me it is just another form of self-expression.
- I like to direct movies, but I don't like to goof around for eight years talking about it.
- I like very much to do movies.
- I mean, anything that money can be made off will never be a problem to make, no matter what it is.
- I'm more comfortable with whatever's wrong with me than my father was whenever he felt he failed or didn't measure up to the standard he set.
- Politics is not really my thing.
- Quite often - a lot of the work I had done had been extensively with women. Most especially in the theater, but also quite often in the movies. That has its own delights, and maybe pitfalls too.
- Sigmund Freud said we act out our own dreams, but if you are only an actor you are not acting out your own dream. You are simply participating in someone else's dream.
- Unlike my grandfather or my brother, I've actually been able to make some money at a racetrack.
- Well, I design costumes because I started with the theater in Chicago, but somehow a few lines just sort of fell to me to do it. And I studied it in school and I always liked it.
- When you think of how history is revealed, we know certain things to be facts at certain periods of time, which turn out not to be so factual as time marches on.
- You can be a mason and build 50 buildings, but it doesn't mean you can design one.
- You can't work in the movies. Movies are all about lighting. Very few filmmakers will concentrate on the story. You get very little rehearsal time, so anything you do onscreen is a kind of speed painting.