Quotes by K D Lang
- Heartache is very fertile ground for song-making but so is happiness, so is absolute bliss.
- I mean, I am fully aware of my influence and my responsibility to society in general representing the gay community. But in the same time, I don't represent the entire gay community because it's a vast, vast community, as one can imagine.
- I think masculinity is bravado against the mystery of the universe of women. It's just a fear of not knowing what women have that's so powerful. It's this shield they put up to try to get closer.
- Life is so impermanent that it's not about somebody else or things around me, it's about knowing you are completely alone in this world and being content inside.
- My public image is so low-key, but I get to travel the world and still have an audience and it's really amazing. I don't take that for granted.
- Spend time reflecting on your emotional and physical existence and how that applies to the voice. You have to apply that wisdom and experience when you sing - it's what comes through.
- We're in a period where society seems very attracted to flash, and that seeps into people's musical taste.
- When women make their image about youth and sexuality, and not about intellect, that's kind of a dead-end road. So I think it's a combination of self-entrapment and entrapment by society.
- You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself.