Quotes by Kate Clinton
- A friend of mine said, no matter what I do I always look like an English teacher. She actually said, you still look like a Campbell's Soup kid.
- I try something new every night. It's an hour show if it works I maybe try it a few more times and then move that off and try something new. It's a great workshop for me.
- I want to host a religious show. I'm sure nobody will be wanting the 11 o'clock spot on Sunday morning. I think we should really get some of our own preachers and preach that gay is good. And we'd have a great choir.
- Lesbian humor isn't trying to sell anything, it doesn't have to sell out. Coming out as a lesbian onstage is still a very political act if it weren't, more women would do it.
- My style has been pretty much like a newspaper. It's got politics in it, it's got media, sports, family relations, you know, all the sections you would expect, and wonderful religion things.
- Some women can't say the word lesbian... even when their mouth is full of one.