Quotes by Mark Hyman
- Don't get me wrong, I admire elegance and have an appreciation of the finer things in life. But to me, beauty lies in simplicity.
- I don't need the fillers, additives, excessive amounts of sugars, fats, salts and other measures taken to taint the natural goodness of real food.
- I have experienced some amazing food! Yet when I think about the most luxurious and exquisite meals I have had, visions of simple food made from a few natural ingredients are what most excite me.
- In the 21st century our tastes buds, our brain chemistry, our biochemistry, our hormones and our kitchens have been hijacked by the food industry.
- Lifestyle change and changes in diet work faster, better and more cheaply than any medication and are as effective or more effective than gastric bypass without any side effects or long-term complications.
- Most schools have only a microwave or deep fryer, hardly the tools needed to feed our children real, fresh food.
- Part of my training was learning how to refer patients to cardiologists for heart problems, gastroenterologists for stomach issues, and rheumatologists for joint pain. Given that most physicians were trained this way, it's no wonder that the average Medicare patient has six doctors and is on five different medications.
- The best advice is to avoid foods with health claims on the label, or better yet avoid foods with labels in the first place.
- The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital.
- The very fact that we are having a national conversation about what we should eat, that we are struggling with the question about what the best diet is, is symptomatic of how far we have strayed from the natural conditions that gave rise to our species, from the simple act of eating real, whole, fresh food.
- We need a grassroots movement and government policies and programs to change the food landscape and the built environment to give our children a chance to have happy, healthy successful lives.
- When it becomes a revolutionary act to eat real food, we are in trouble.
- While weight loss is important, what's more important is the quality of food you put in your body - food is information that quickly changes your metabolism and genes.
- You can't exercise your way out of a bad diet.