Quotes by Mel Brooks
- A lot of music is mathematics. It's balance.
- Bad taste is simply saying the truth before it should be said.
- Everything we do in life is based on fear, especially love.
- Humor is just another defense against the universe.
- I don't believe in this business of being behind, better to be in front.
- I was a soldier in WWII. The last couple of months of the war I was actually in combat.
- If God wanted us to fly, He would have given us tickets.
- If Shaw and Einstein couldn't beat death, what chance have I got? Practically none.
- Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive.
- Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.
- Well, just being stupid and politically incorrect doesn't work. You can be politically incorrect if you're smart.