Quotes by Mike Myers
- And I love Mel Brooks. My Dad loved his movies, too, they're awesome, the kind of thing that if you're in for ten minutes, you're in for two hours.
- And I thought, when I have kids, that's the sort of well told, silly, and fun fairy tale that I would want to take them to. But it was an amazing experience. And I think Shrek is a real classic, a fairy tale classic.
- Austin sounds a little bit like Aston Martin, which is the type of car James Bond would drive.
- Comedy. It was just huge in my house. Peter Sellers and Alec Guinness, Monty Python and all those James Bond movies were highly regarded.
- Europe is scooters. Europe is five young people on one bench sharing a chocolate bar. Their idea of entertainment and fun is so much different than ours, which is exactly why a movie about them would be funny.
- I grew up in Toronto and as long as I can remember, as long as there was cable, even those old cable boxes that were wired to the TV, there have been Bollywood movies on Toronto TV.
- I think that Scottish people, like Canadians, are often misunderstood and what I like about my Scottish friends and relatives is how quickly it can go from love to anger. It's a great dynamic.
- I would love to be a father. I had a great father who taught me how gratifying that is. I'm not going to deny myself that. I think I'd be good at it. Everybody wants that experience. I definitely do.
- Marriage can be viewed as the waiting room for death.
- My dad loved to laugh. He was very funny and very silly.
- My dad sold encyclopedias and my mom worked in a factory office.
- My Dad was from Liverpool, and he picked it up in the army. He'd often come out with this stuff.
- My father was always a straight-up funny guy. He was silly. He was my inspiration.
- My theory is that all of Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.
- Shooting this one was kind of like a two month party, we would literally play music between takes, and other movies that were shooting on our lot would play hookey, come over and hang out and stuff. We had a great time.
- With fame there is a crosswire between intensity and intimacy. You have decoy intimacy, but you are also very much alone.