Quotes by Nhat Hanh
- If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work.
- In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change.
- People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?
- Smiling is very important. If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace. It is not by going out for a demonstration against nuclear missiles that we can bring about peace. It is with our capacity of smiling, breathing, and being peace that we can make peace.
- Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
- The practice of peace and reconciliation is one of the most vital and artistic of human actions.