Quotes by Niklas Zennstrom
- And the VCR did the same thing: the movie industry thought nobody would ever watch movies any more.
- As an investor, what we're not looking for is 'oh this is a cool app,' it's 'is this something that can become a big business?' You need to find those that can become real businesses.
- I hope that my investment into Atomico will become my best financial investment to date.
- If you could utilize the resources of the end users' computers, you could do things much more efficiently.
- If you want to be an entrepreneur, it's not a job, it's a lifestyle. It defines you. Forget about vacations, about going home at 6 pm - last thing at night you'll send emails, first thing in the morning you'll read emails, and you'll wake up in the middle of the night. But it's hugely rewarding as you're fulfilling something for yourself.
- The telephone is a 100-year-old technology. It's time for a change. Charging for phone calls is something you did last century.
- With our work at Kazaa, we began seeing growing broadband connections and more powerful computers and more streaming multimedia, and we saw that the traditional way of communicating by phone no longer made a lot of sense.
- You shouldn't be afraid of failure - when something fails, you think, 'What did I learn from that experience? I can do better next time.' Then kill that project and move on to the next. Don't get disappointed.