Quotes by Oliver Stone
- A woman can be very beautiful and an ideal model and she will photograph incredibly well, but she'll appear in film and it won't work. What works is some fusion of physical beauty with some mental field or whatever you call it. I don't know.
- Coming Home had been made before and Apocalypse Now and Deer Hunter, different kinds of movies.
- Fear may very well be a caveman fear of the predator, of the giant lizard chasing them - maybe that's what Steven Spielberg connects with so well in Lost World.
- I do believe that movies are subject to a million interpretations.
- I think experience will teach you a combination of liberalism and conservatism. We have to be progressive and at the same time we have to retain values. We have to hold onto the past as we explore the future.
- I would vote for the man who's lived life, who's done different occupations, who's been out in the real world and struggled to make a living, struggled to raise a family, struggled with life as it exists. So I'd vote for experience, honest experience.
- I'm terrible at horror movies, by the way. I get scared so easily.
- I've been to war, and it's not easy to kill. It's bloody and messy and totally horrifying, and the consequences are serious.
- Never underestimate the power of jealousy and the power of envy to destroy. Never underestimate that.
- One of the joys of going to the movies was that it was trashy, and we should never lose that.
- There's an electrical thing about movies.