Quotes by Paracelsus
- Dreams are not without meaning wherever thay may come from-from fantasy, from the elements, or from other inspiration.
- Dreams must be heeded and accepted. For a great many of them come true.
- From time immemorial artistic insights have been revealed to artists in their sleep and in dreams, so that at all times they ardently desired them.
- However, anyone to whom this happens should not leave his room upon awakening, should speak to no-one, but remain alone and sober until everything comes back to him, and he recalls the dream.
- Life is like music, it must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule. Nevertheless one had better know the rules, for they sometimes guide in doubtful cases, though not often.
- Many have said of Alchemy, that it is for the making of gold and silver. For me such is not the aim, but to consider only what virtue and power may lie in medicines.
- Medicine is not only a science it is also an art. It does not consist of compounding pills and plasters it deals with the very processes of life, which must be understood before they may be guided.
- Once a disease has entered the body, all parts which are healthy must fight it: not one alone, but all. Because a disease might mean their common death. Nature knows this and Nature attacks the disease with whatever help she can muster.
- The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind.
- The dreams which reveal the supernatural are promises and messages that God sends us directly: they are nothing but His angels, His ministering spirits , who usually appear to us when we are in a great predicament.
- The interpretation of dreams is a great art.