Quotes by Pedro Calderon De La Barca
- But whether it be dream or truth, to do well is what matters. If it be truth, for truth's sake. If not, then to gain friends for the time when we awaken.
- For all life is a dream, and dreams themselves are only dreams.
- For even in dreams a good deed is not lost.
- Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
- One may know how to gain a victory, and know not how to use it.
- These flowers, which were splendid and sprightly, waking in the dawn of the morning, in the evening will be a pitiful frivolity, sleeping in the cold night's arms.
- What is life? A madness. What is life? An illusion, a shadow, a story. And the greatest good is little enough for all life is a dream, and dreams themselves are only dreams.
- When love is not madness, it is not love.