Quotes by Pink
- Art works because it appeals to certain faculties of the mind. Music depends on details of the auditory system, painting and sculpture on the visual system. Poetry and literature depend on language.
- As many political writers have pointed out, commitment to political equality is not an empirical claim that people are clones.
- By exploring the political and moral colorings of discoveries about what makes us tick, we can have a more honest science and a less fearful intellectual milieu.
- God gave me the strength to see, and breathe, and talk.
- How does one know if she has forgiven? You tend to feel sorrow over the circumstance instead of rage, you tend to feel sorry for the person rather than angry with him. You tend to have nothing left to say about it all.
- I change my mind so much I need two boyfriends and a girlfriend.
- I grew up in a neighborhood in Baltimore that was like a war zone, so I never learned to trust that there were people who could help me.
- I hope you will go out and let stories happen to you, and that you will work them, water them with your blood and tears and you laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom.
- I know a lot of people think I'm dumb. Well, at least I ain't no educated fool.
- I want art to make me think. In order to do that, it may piss me off, or make me uncomfortable. That promotes awareness and change, or at least some discussion.
- I'm extremely ambitious. I don't know why people are afraid to say that. I won't sell my soul to the devil, but I do want success and I don't think that's bad.
- If I can give you some kind of knowledge of life you should listen.
- Many artists and scholars have pointed out that ultimately art depends on human nature.
- My belief is that communication is the best way to create strong relationships.
- My dad raised me with some good advice: 'Always tell the truth. Always shoot from the hip. You might not have many friends, but you'll never have enemies, because people will always know where you're coming from.'
- The willow is my favorite tree. I grew up near one. It's the most flexible tree in nature and nothing can break it - no wind, no elements, it can bend and withstand anything.
- There has to be innate circuitry that does the learning, that creates the culture, that acquires the culture, and that responds to socialization.