Quotes by Rob Bell
- As a pastor, you get invited into the most poignant moments of people's lives. Whether it's a wedding or a funeral or a hospital visit, you get invited into the center of the event, whether or not you know the people.
- My parents were both very intellectually honest, straightforward, and for them, faith meant that you were fully engaged.
- Suffering, it turns out, demands profound imagination. A new future has to be conjured up because the old future isn't there anymore.
- The historical orthodox Christian faith is extremely wide and diverse.
- The myth of redemptive violence - Caesar, peace, and victory - is in people's bones so deeply, we aren't even aware of it. You crush the opposition that's how we bring peace.
- Well, I affirm orthodox Christian faith. I affirm the Nicene Creed. I don't think I'm doing anything terribly new.