Quotes by Rowan D Williams
- And when the world is created, it is created in such a way that those eternal objects of God's loving wisdom become actualities - interacting with one another, relating to God in the finite realm.
- Bad human communication leaves us less room to grow.
- Economists are coming to acknowledge that measures of national wealth and poverty in terms strictly of average income tell you little that is significant of the health or viability of a society.
- Friendship is something that creates equality and mutuality, not a reward for finding equality or a way of intensifying existing mutuality.
- In a spiritually sensitive culture, then, it might well be that age is something to be admired or envied.
- In sharp contrast to the idea that this stage of life is enviable, we hear high levels of anxiety about getting old, anxieties about health, mobility, access to facilities, simple routine care and attention.
- Marriage has a unique place because it speaks of an absolute faithfulness, a covenant between radically different persons, male and female and so it echoes the absolute covenant of God with his chosen, a covenant between radically different partners.
- So every creative act strives to attain an absolute status it longs to create a world of beauty to triumph over chaos and convert it to order.
- The answer was that in Burundi, having a clean bill of health has taken on a very particular meaning: unless and until you have paid for your hospital treatment, you simply can't leave, you are in effect a captive.
- To conclude: good journalism is one of the models of good conversation and communication in the wider social context.
- To help the poor to a capacity for action and liberty is something essential for one's own health as well as theirs: there is a needful gift they have to offer which cannot be offered so long as they are confined by poverty.