Quotes by Sachin Tendulkar
- And that is the reason why this victory is great, because different players have made contributions to the win.
- Beating Pakistan is always special because they are a tough team and we have a bit if a history regarding Pakistan.
- From the spinners, Anil and I have been together for a long time and I respect him a lot.
- I am a sportsman and not a politician. I am a sportsman and will always remain one. I am not going to enter politics giving up cricket, which is my life. I will continue to play cricket.
- I feel when somebody has been playing cricket for a long time, he creates a separate identity for himself.
- I get 0.5 seconds to react to a ball, sometimes even less than that. I can't be thinking of what XYZ has said about me. I need to surrender myself to my natural instincts. My subconscious mind knows exactly what to do. It is trained to react. At home, my family doesn't discuss media coverage.
- I grew up looking at my father as to how to behave. In watching him I grasped so many things. His own temperament was of a calm person. He was very composed and I never saw anger in him. To me, that was fascinating.
- If efforts to do social work are couched in selfish motives, then they will die a premature death. Why would my efforts get politicised? I have values I inherited from my father. He helped many. Anyone, even a postman knocking on our door would get a glass of water and some sweets.
- There are over 200 million illiterate women in India. This low literacy negatively impacts not just their lives but also their families' and the country's economic development. A girl's lack of education also has a negative impact on the health and well-being of her children.
- Wasim and Waqar were amazing bowlers. I would put them right up there with the best in the world.
- When there is time to think about cricket, I think but when there is time to be with family, I try to do justice to that aspect of my life as well.