Quotes by Sandra Lee
- Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal.
- Christmas is more stressful with present buying and making sure everyone gets included, but Thanksgiving is really not that. I don't ever really get stressed out about the food.
- I like being independent. I don't think that marriage means you're not independent, but right now I'm very comfortable, and I'm probably the happiest I've ever been. I feel solid. I feel safe.
- I like doing food as a focal point on my table. It is not like going out and buying flowers or candles, which are expensive.
- I'm an activist for gay marriage equality and children's rights. I'm the face of Share Our Strength.
- I'm not sure that some of the food purists are in touch with what really goes on in American households.
- I'm the only girl on The Food Network who grills - I have two bestselling grilling books. I try to really focus on what men and women can do outside together out on the grill. I think it's really fun to have men and women out there together, having fun, working and enjoying themselves.
- It's really easy to figure out why I love what I love, the holidays and food. I know the difference between having them and not having them.
- My brand is a demography-breaker. It speaks to all homemakers and women from all walks of life and all across society.
- Nobody makes bouillabaisse from scratch. It's all a bunch of malarkey. Even the restaurants buy a commercial-grade product. I had a very famous chef tell me that.
- Sometimes I feel like I'm not only the engine but the caboose. I have to be in the front car and pull forward, and at the same time run around behind and push everybody along with me.
- When I came to the Food Network, I didn't want to do a cooking show. I told Kathleen Finch for nine months I didn't want to do a cooking show, I wanted to do a home-and-garden show.