Quotes by T D Jakes
- Forgiveness is about empowering yourself, rather than empowering your past.
- Here is the amazing thing about Easter the Resurrection Sunday for Christians is this, that Christ in the dying moments on the cross gives us the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible.
- I like to see myself as a bridge builder, that is me building bridges between people, between races, between cultures, between politics, trying to find common ground.
- I raised five children. They all have different personalities. All of them have different issues, different levels of success. That was a learning experience for me.
- I think it is important that we rebuild an atmosphere of forgiveness and civility in every aspect of our lives.
- I think that my preaching style and many of my ideas and ideals about faith are based in both Pentecostal and Baptist background.
- I think the amazing thing about gospel music is that not only does it lift up the death and resurrection of our Lord, which is consistent with the Gospel, but it is uniquely communicated depending upon the generation.
- I think the first step is to understand that forgiveness does not exonerate the perpetrator. Forgiveness liberates the victim. It's a gift you give yourself.
- Resist your fear fear will never lead to you a positive end. Go for your faith and what you believe.
- There are no college courses to build up self-esteem or high school or elementary school. If you don't get those values at a early age, nurtured in your home, you don't get them.
- We cannot embrace God's forgiveness if we are so busy clinging to past wounds and nursing old grudges.
- We think that forgiveness is weakness, but it's absolutely not it takes a very strong person to forgive.