Quotes by Tallulah Bankhead
- (On seeing a former lover for the first time in years) I thought I told you to wait in the car.
- I have three phobias which, could I mute them, would make my life as slick as a sonnet, but as dull as ditch water: I hate to go to bed, I hate to get up, and I hate to be alone.
- I read Shakespeare and the Bible, and I can shoot dice. That's what I call a liberal education.
- I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late start without me.
- If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.
- Only good girls keep diaries. Bad girls don't have time.
- Television could perform a great service in mass education, but there's no indication its sponsors have anything like this on their minds.
- The less I behave like Whistler's mother the night before, the more I look like her the morning after.